Particle Core Setup
We want to setup the particle core via usb.
1. Plug in your usb cable to your computer and the particle core.
2. Run particle-cli setup
3. Enter your email address and password, this will create an account on particle.io.
4. Detect your wifi, you should have a handout that contains the wifi info, use it to send your particle core the wifi information.
You should see the core light go from blinking blue to breathing cyan:
If you get any errors please let one of the mentors know.
5. Flash the core
You will need to have dfu-util installed to load firmware to a usb connected device.
- OSX dfu-util with homebrew:
brew install dfu-util
- windows https://community.particle.io/t/tutorial-installing-dfu-driver-on-windows-24-feb-2015/3518 Once your particle core is connected via wifi, we need to flash the core with the voodoospark cpp file
6. Checkout voodoospark
git clone https://github.com/voodootikigod/voodoospark.git cd voodoospark
7. Flashing the voodoospark firmware
Before flashing the firmware you will need to get your particle flashing yellow so that it can be detected To do this:
- Press on both buttons
- release the reset button while still pressing on the mode button
- when the particle starts blinking yellow, you can release the mode button and it is now ready to flash
particle cloud flash --usb firmware/voodoospark.cpp --force
or alternatively you can do it over wifi once you have your particle setup to connect to the Internet
particle cloud flash <deviceId> firmware/voodoospark.cpp
8. Get your Device ID and Access Token
To get your device id simply Run
To get your access token
In you home directory there should be a folder called
.particle and in that folder a file called
particle.config.json - in that file should be your access token.